In the words of several people this week, “Why the bloody hell haven’t you updated wibbler.com?” Well, in true FHM style, here’s the long overdue:
‘What Wibbler’s been doing this week (and a half)’
- Went with my girlfriend and both sets of parents to the Jack and the Beanstalk pantomime in Guildford. Utterly brilliant (Oh no it wasn’t…) and fully regressed into childhood.
- Got an extremely noisy Christmas card from Michelle.
- Got wonderful presents from parents and girlfriend, including a Playboy Zippo lighter
(all i have to do now is start smoking), a car kit, 2 sets of drinking games including shot glasses, a Yves St Laurent top, a Matchbox Twenty music DVD, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City for the Playstation 2, a Projector clock, a mini Ice Hockey game, toiletries, a book and some sweets. And other stuff.
- Reminisced at drunken youth in Cinderellas nightclub. Ahh, the memories of that shoebox-sized club…
- Worked. Far too much.
- Visited aging relatives in Kent, and found it remarkably enjoyable.
- Developed a new, fruit-themed, minimalist design for wibbler.com.
- Found out at a New Years Eve party in Tooting that a recent friend is the bloke who writes the headline one-liners on Sky News. Cue a night of developing puns for his next day’s work, including: Chink in the Armour (story: Chinese army trouble), Out On A Limb (story: dismembered remains found in London), Water Disaster (story: Floods around the UK), Saddam Shame (story: impending war on Iraq), I Have A Very Large Hangover (story: he was VERY drunk last night).
- Watched in sheer amazement as Jac blew up a balloon, only for it to explode in his face.
- Realised that I am surrounded by the greatest, kindest and funniest bunch of tykes I could wish for. And, including my girlfriend, my closest female friends are all gorgeous to boot.
- Discovered at same party that all Jac and I need in order to have fun is to be in the same room together.
Oh, and HAPPY NEW YEAR! Here’s to wars, global financial depression, and a pay rise…